Purpose of the Committee:
The Parent Advisory committee is dedicated to supporting the Boys & Girls Club of Door County by increasing parent and consumer volunteer participation to support the exceptional experience children have when attending the club as well as creating fun family events to strengthen families and community through low cost or free events.
- HAVE FUN!!!
- Gather feedback through surveys, focus groups, interviews, small group discussions, etc.
- Share input from personal experiences and feedback from others to educate and inform Club staff
- Plan and host family events for little to no cost
- Volunteer if available at Club hosted events
- Fundraising to provide free/low cost events and support club members when applicable
Committee member time-commitment and requirements:
Committee members are asked to serve a one year-term from September to August. In order to join the committee, you must be a past or current parent of DCBGC club member and participate in discussions and planning of events as applicable. This committee requires a commitment on the part of the committee members to attend meetings and volunteer in some capacity during their term.
Approximately one meeting per month with the possibility of meeting more frequently for event planning; meeting dates, times and location(s) will be determined by the Committee at the first meeting of the term.
Parent Committee Minutes – Current Term